The new bridge created an extension to the Millennium Bridge which opened in 2001.
The new structure, dedicated to Mr Jack Brignall - founder of Wykeland, Fruit Market - weighs 17 tonnes, is 26 meters long and 3.5 meters wide.
It allows for convenient access and a direct link from the Old Town to the largest dry dock in Hull, which has been transformed into a sunken amphitheatre. The dock on the west bank of the River Hull was built in 1843 and is Grade II-listed. It had been disused since 1992.